Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not exactly the Couric Effect...

Ed's having a screening colonoscopy tomorrow at 2 p.m. I know that my posting (only non-gross) stuff here won't produce Katie Couric Effect-like results, but I hope writing about Ed's experience might make someone who stumbles across this blog a little less anxious about his or her own colonoscopy.

Anyway, this morning, Ed starts a clear-liquids-only diet. He was drinking his coffee black when I left for work and was still drinking it when I got here. His diet will consist of juices (no pulp), Jello, and chicken broth between now and 11 a.m. tomorrow, at which point he cannot eat anything until after the procedure.

Oh, yes. Then there's the gallon of "whatever" he has to drink to REALLY prep for the procedure.

So think good thoughts or say a prayer for Ed. He's not looking forward to any of this, as you can imagine, but I'm so proud of him for doing it. The Lord willing, he won't have to do it again for 5 or 10 years.

1 comments:

Kimmiemcneely said...

Tell Ed that it is a breeze. I had one three years ago and am scheduled to have one in early 2008. The meds they give him will make him at ease, which is important.

Tonight is truly going to be the worst part.