Sunday, January 6, 2008

The fruit of our labor

My husband helped me "beat" the coupon inserts into submission. It took almost two hours with both of us doing it.

It was well-worth the effort.

At one drug store and one grocery store, we spent a total of $79.06. Our savings was $99.16. $73.42 of that savings was at the grocery store. (The photo above is our cart just before we checked out.) We used $33.25 in manufacturers coupons.

My math isn't very good. The newspapers we bought this morning actually cost about $9, not $7 like I said earlier.

No matter... The papers will pay for themselves MANY times over.

I am basking in the after-glow of a fantastic shopping trip. :)

1 comments:

Kimmiemcneely said...

AH, your blog prompted my 10 p.m. trip to Kroger to buy the Sunday paper. It also prompted my spouse to question why I needed a paper so urgently - was I looking for a new job? A new house?

I have been bad about not using my coupons. Thanks for kicking me back in the tookie tookie.