Friday, November 16, 2007

C-Day

Ed's colonoscopy went just fine. He's as handsome on the inside as he is on the outside. :)

When it was all said and done, I think today was harder for me than it was for Ed. He was awake through the whole procedure and watched it on the monitor. AND he didn't feel a thing. Meanwhile, I had to sit in the waiting room and, well, wait and wonder and worry.

This is the fourth time in nine months I've had to wait and wonder and worry while Ed's had surgery/been under sedation. I don't realize how stressed I am until AFTER it's all said and done, which is probably a good thing. :)

After we took a nap, Ed's more or less back to normal. Meanwhile, I'm still dazed and confused. I'm supposed to be packing to go to the mountains tomorrow morning, but I just don't have the energy. I'll be getting up early tomorrow to get ready.

So, it's all over. We, I mean Ed, have to have another colonoscopy in five years because colon cancer is in his family. I hope we don't have to spend any more time in a recovery room together until then.










Care to guess which photo was taken before the procedure and which was taken after? That is one relieved Ed in the bottom photo. And one relieved wife behind the camera.

0 comments: