Friday, October 5, 2007

Pooped!

We are plum tuckered...

We walked about 5 miles at Mammoth Cave, as part of two tours. The cave is beautiful. The "scenery" in the cave on each tour was so different it was hard to realize that it is all the same cave. Mammoth Cave covers more than 350 miles, and some scientists think there's a ton of Cave yet to be discovered.

We were in the car about to leave when we remembered Flat Stanley. After finding suitable places to take photos of him -- and us -- we were on our way. Close to 150 miles later, we arrived safely in Wilmore. Unfortunately, I left my purse where we ate dinner, so Ed's on his way to get it now. Fortunately, it's less than a five-minute walk each way.

I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring. I'll not be making it to Curves, as Main Street is closed all day, and there's no way to get our car moving in the general direction of Curves without going onto Main Street. (We're staying at a bed and breakfast ON Main St.) Curves is in the next town.

The reason we planned this trip to begin with was the alumni baseball game at my college. I have no idea if any of my buddies will be there. For all I know, no one decided to come and it's been canceled. I don't care. Ed and I have had a fabulous time so far, and just being in Wilmore is a balm to my soul. In so many ways, Asbury is still home, even though it's been 10 years since I graduated from college, and even though I'm married with two cats and two dogs and have a home of my own. Asbury is a good thing.

Ed's back from retrieving my purse (yay for Ed!), so I think I'm going to head to bed. As I said, we're pooped.

0 comments: