Saturday, October 6, 2007

Asbury Alumni 1, Asbury Varsity 0

Well, that was the score going to the bottom of the first inning. Nobody got hurt (despite one alum being hit in the jaw with a pitch) ,and they all seemed to have a good time. As far as I'm concerned that's a "win" for the alumni. (I bet there will be more than a few sore muscles in the morning, but that's to be expected.)

Lots of my buddies were there, which was great. It had been five years since the last alumni game (as best we can remember). Many more "baseball babies," all of whom are cuter than anything.

It was freakishly hot, but well worth the buckets of sweat.

I, of course, took scads of pictures. My friend Andrew is getting a hit in the first photo. My friend Randy is doing a fine job playing 2nd base in the second photo.

This has been a great trip. I'll be glad to be home, but not glad to not be on vacation anymore.





0 comments: