Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thursday Thirteen Edition 4



Thirteen Things I've Seen on my Business Trip to New York (most of it from a cab)


1. The Ed Sullivan Theater, where "The Late Show with David Letterman" is taped.

2. The Hello Deli around the corner from "Letterman." David does a lot of comedy "bits" with the owner of the deli.

3. About a million yellow taxis. When I was with Ed, he asked if each one was the Cash Cab.

4. Chelsea Piers.

5. The neighborhood of TriBeCa. (I had a business dinner in this neighborhood.)

6. The Statue of Liberty when we were flying into New York.

7. The New York Public Library. (We actually went in here.)

8. Times Square. (We actually went here>0

9. The studio where "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" is taped. (There was a huge billboard on the building that said, more or less, "If you're looking for Larry Flint's gentleman's club, go down one block and turn right." The sign cracked me up.)

10. The Empire State Building.

12. The Chrysler Building.

13. My wonderful husband at the end of each workday. This was the best thing I saw in New York.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



13 comments:

Melanie said...

I loved visiting NYC...good times. Great list!

Lazy Daisy said...

My kids live outside of New york City. It's a great place to visit.

Anonymous said...

Sound like a great trip!

SandyCarlson said...

NYC is an amazing place to visit. I love the landmark buildings that are visible from all over that town.

ellen b. said...

Fun. I'd like to visit New York again...

Nicholas said...

I hope you're having a successful trip. I love NY

Queen B said...

Never been to NY! Sounds like fun!

SJ Reidhead said...

Makes me want to be in NYC right now!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

Greatfullivin said...

I love New York! Hope your trip went well. You got to see some great landmarks.

Sandee said...

How fun, and I hope your feet get a rest soon. Have fun and a wonderful TT. :)

Unknown said...

Very cool. Looks like you're having a great trip.

Laura Paxton said...

Never been to NYC...maybe someday I'll get to visit. Happy T-13!

Natalie said...

Sounds like you saw a lot of fun stuff. I'm a bit jealous, I'd love to see NYC someday. :)