Thursday, November 29, 2007

My day, by Toby

We got up at 5 a.m. That was REALLY early. The cats hadn't been fed yet.














When the cats' food finally "dropped," I watched the cats eat.














Then I begged to eat, and Fox begged to eat. Only Fox got to eat though. I knew something was UP!

A trip to the vet's is what was up.

I got my teeth cleaned. This year's cleaning went MUCH better than last year's did. Last year, I had to have 11 teeth pulled and extensive work done on my gums. AND Ed had to crush my food in the blender for two weeks. AND I had to be on antibiotics for 14 days and pain meds for several days.

This year, my teeth cleaned up quite nicely, and I didn't have to have any pulled. (Rebecca and Ed really DO need to brush my teeth more often, though. Bacteria from my mouth could further weaken the valve in my heart that's already not working so well.)

Unfortunately, I had something called a lipoma that had to be removed. Humans get them, too, but I'm more interested about lipomas in animals.

This is what the incision looks like. I even have STAPLES in there.














It's hurting a bit. To make it not hurt so much...


















...Rebecca or Ed are supposed to put an ice pack on it for 5 or 10 minutes every six hours or so.














They will give me a pain pill twice a day for the next five days. Because of my heart condition, I'll also take antibiotics for five more days. (I started taking antibiotics on Tuesday.)














Rebecca and Ed are pretty good at giving me my medicine, so I don't mind too much.


















Ed, Rebecca and I think Fox is feeling a little jealous of all the attention I'm getting, so Rebecca gave him some extra pets after I took my medicine.

As for me, I've been spending a lot of time in my crate sleeping.














This picture was taken earlier today. I want to be near Rebecca, so she moved my crate into the living room. I think I'll spend a lot of time there for the next little bit. My crate with the bed is a great thing. I think it may be the best $30 they ever spent on me...

0 comments: