Saturday, September 29, 2007

Celebrating Copeland's Life...

The memorial service was beautiful. Incredibly sad, but beautiful. After the service, I introduced myself to Copeland's parents and asked her mom if I could give her a hug. I told her the hug was from me and all the "blog people" who'd posted they wished they could hug her.

I also met Copeland's maternal grandparents. Copeland's grandfather told me the family's blog has had in excess of 300,000 hits from more than 60 countries and all 50 states. The Farley's story has made a HUGE impact on so many people.

Copeland's mom plans to post a video they showed at the service, as well as part of the service itself, at their site in the next few days. I'll post the link for those who are interested.

In spite of the extreme sadness that necessitated it, we had a good trip. I took some pictures and will post them in a day or two.

0 comments: