Tuesday, August 14, 2007

No good deed goes unpunished

My wonderful husband has spent the last two days cleaning our house (with tons to do still). So what do I do when I get home and see the result of his work?

1. "Ooh" and "ahh" about how good the living room looks. (We have a sofa AND a floor. Who knew?!?)

2. Moan and groan (and, for good measure, moan and groan some more) about the fact that he threw away some coupons that *I* didn't put in their box. They were ON the box, or NEAR the box, but not IN the box. Yet I yell at him when I'm mainly mad at myself. I'm also tired and generally grumpy because I have my period, but that's not a good excuse.

How is it that I can be so mean to the person I love more than anyone else on the planet? :(

What's amazing is that he continues to love me even when I AM so mean...

0 comments: