Friday, August 24, 2007

Dinner interrupted

We were minding our own business when the power went out. In the middle of Ed's making dinner. (Perhaps God was so surprised that we were making food from "scratch" that he meant to strike us down with lightning, and hit the power lines instead?)

Power outages make Ed a little crazy. He absolutely can't stand them. I choose to take advantage of the quiet. So while I was upstairs reading by flashlight, he called the called the electric company by flashlight. I think I was having more fun.

Then I started taking pictures willy-nilly, just for something to do. After I got that out of my system, I went back to reading, and Ed went to see if he could figure out what was going on. And perhaps to fix the power lines himself. I'm not sure.

About 7:15, the power came back on. I considered continuing to read by the light of my trusty flashlight, but called Ed instead and he came on home.

Dinner was excellent, by the way. Next time we have spaghetti, Ed says he'll try to let the sauce "sit" for a couple of hours (in the fridge), and reheat it. Hopefully, we'll not have the power outage, though. I don't think Ed could take another one. This decade.

0 comments: