Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another day at the surgeon's...

Ed had more oral surgery today. This time the doctor was repairing an oral antral fistula.

The doctor says Ed likely will feel like he's been hit in the upper jaw. He's already experiencing more pain than he did with the extractions.

Thankfully, the doctor prescribed some pain medication, which is keeping Ed fairly comfortable. He's sleeping as I write this.

Hopefully, this latest surgery will take care of the problem. As much as we love Ed's surgeon, I hope we don't have to see him for anything that involves sedation in September. Oral surgery once in July and once in August is quite enough for a few years, methinks.

I know Ed agrees.

1 comments:

Kimmiemcneely said...

I am not wearing my glasses, so I read that Ed had an "oral anal fistula". I recalled our discussion yesterday, leaned in to my computer and reread.

Hope he is feeling good enough to eat corn on the cob!